Forum
Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Fighter Pilot Question

Last post 01-05-2010, 9:24 PM by raimius. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-15-2009, 5:37 PM 8010

Fighter Pilot Question

Hello to everyone here,

I have been looking around the website for a little bit but I apologize if I have posted this in the wrong area. My question is that I am graduating college and plan to continue on to Med School while going career in the military as a physician. All my life I have been interested in joining the military and always loved the engineering behind the different tools and vehicles. My favorite has to be the A-10 and I have always been told that my vision was too poor and that I was too tall (6'1") to ever become a pilot. My grades are good but my classes have always been geared towards medicine. Would it even be realistic yet alone feasible to become a fighter pilot? I would love to be an A-10 pilot but I do realize it is not only one of the elites but I would be playing catch up. Thank you in advance for your time and any and all input.
  •  07-23-2009, 2:28 AM 8047 in reply to 8010

Re: Fighter Pilot Question

Well, I don't know about your vision, but 6'1" is NOT too tall to fly. 

You should look into AFROTC for more information.

•  12-31-2009, 11:52 AM 8780 in reply to 8047

Hi guys. I have a little bit more special issue. I'm a 21 years old Bulgarian student and I don't have an American passport. DO I have any chances of becoming a US fighter pilot? I'm 1.87 meters, 91 kilos.
  •  01-05-2010, 9:24 PM 8801 in reply to 8780

You need to be a US citizen to be a pilot in the USAF.

Age limits for pilot training and time requirements for citizenship may conflict.

View as RSS news feed in XML